Volvo to Have 25 Percent Recycled Plastics in Cars20th July 2018
From by 2025, Volvo wants 25 percent of the plastics in its new cars revealing XC 60 to be made from recycled plastic.
XC 60 has following features ;
- Centre tunnel made of renewable fibres
- Plastic made of discarded fishing nets
- Sailing ropes
- Carpet made of fibres developed from PET plastic bottles
- Recycled cotton mix from clothing manufacturer off cuts
- Seats make use of recycled bottles
- Under-bonnet sound-absorbing material is made of old Volvo seats
Volvo has already started planning to stop its single use plastic by 2019.
Source : Car Advice
Photo Source : CGTN News